Footings and Foundation inspections are vitally important because a proper foundation will prevent many settling and instability problems. Below is a short list of items inspected:
- Footing depth, width, and level
- Placement of forms, reinforcing wire, poles, piers, etc.
- Slab framing, if applicable
- Foundation wall and slab thickness and level
- Damp proofing, back fill, and all excavations
- Brick ledge, if applicable, level and integrity
- Foundation drains
I’m a Code Certified home inspector (ICC Certification) as well as ASHI certified. This means you can have peace of mind that your new home will be thoroughly checked for code compliance as well as for safety issues.